So yesterday my mom was sewing and I asked her if I could watch some TV. She told me no and I was totally irritated. Then she told me to do something productive. That saying is a typical parent saying, and in our family that means..... go clean your room, do your homework, read a book, do the dishes, or practice piano. I didn't want to do any of those things so I got even more irritated. There was a silence and then my mom said why don't you go get your personal progress book.
Dang it! I thought to myself now I have to read my scriptures and write in my journal. I know that that is what you do on Sunday but I sure didn't want to. So I stomped off to my room and got my personal progress book and stomped back. I was irritated and I didn't want to do what my mom said would be fun. She looked through the book and found some cool things that would be fun, but like the teenager I am I turned them down because then I would have to have a good attitude again. And once your mad at your parents you don't want to give into there good ideas right. Or at least that is what my head is telling me. Okay anyway then I say out loud. "Sure. That sounds like fun." I say it sarcastically but I'm thinking this. "Whatever. That sounds fun but like to much work". This really does sound fun but I don't want to do it. Anyway my mom suggested making a cookbook for a project. I immediately said, "I can't make my own recipes! Are you crazy!" But I soon found out that that was not what she meant. She wanted me to put together a cookbook of my favorite recipes, and/or things I want to have for when I am married or in college. (This way I don't starve. Hehehe.)
So I set up a table and put the computer on it, plug it in and go get my mom's box of recipes. I look through them all and pick out a bunch. I also grab some other cookbooks that I like cooking out of and I sit down to type. I decided to do a recipe and 1 picture on each page.
It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to get 13 recipes typed. And that's without the pictures. It is going to take me forever to do them all so I will make the food and take pictures after I get done with all of the typing. But making all the food will take forever so that will be another project I can do or maybe I won't have to do the dishes for a really long time. :) I make the food, you guys can clean up the dishes. :)
Well I guess this is the end of the post so wish me luck! And please comment! :)
5 years ago
6 comments:
You crack me up! I knew you weren't too happy with me when I suggested you do something productive but I also knew you would love it. (That's because I'm your mom and I know you!) And, of course I had to recommend doing Personal Progress cause I'm your YW leader. You really are stuck with me everywhere. :) I can't wait to see your project come together.
You are such a cute girlie! I love that you are not going to starve when you go to college and get married... :). You are amazing! I volunteer to try all the foods that you make. Keep up all your hard work!
Oh Adia! You made me laugh! I hope my boyz are thinking the same things you were when I tell them to go work on Faith In God. Great idea, too, by the way. Wish I had some of my grandma's recipes from growing up. Have fun!
Sounds like a fun (and hard) project! I will try all of the food you make! Thanks for the Personal Progress idea :)
Adia you are a doll! I love the raw, honest insight into your thoughts. What a gift to know you. You are a blessing to all.
I love you tons!
P.S. well prepared, yummy, thoughtful meals are a way to express your love to others and yourself.
You're awesome Adia! You sound like you are just the same way I was when I was younger. It's hard to give into them when you know they are right.
Post a Comment